A downloadable game
YATKA is one of many Tetris implementations available. Motivation behind this one was, on the one hand, to create a game that would conform to modern rules of the game, while, on the other, to make possible running it on resource-limited platforms (e.g. Bittboy or JZ4760-based handheld consoles). This is the reason I use SDL 1.2, which is considered outdated, or develop my own simplistic solutions instead of relying on third-party dependencies.
The game is in constant development. Feel free to report errors as it helps to improve the game. There are no full-time testers working on it so I appreciate any feedback.
- three game modes - play Marathon (classic survival), Sprint (play as fast as possible until you clear 40 or more lines) or Ultra (play for 3 minutes to get the high score),
- skin system - choose a visual style according to your taste from a set of predefined skins or create your own,
- music playback - listen to the tracks included in the game or provide your own songs,
- Super Rotation System - use sophisticated tactics known from the modern versions of Tetris,
- low hardware requirements - the game can run on devices without accelerated graphics as it was developed using SDL 1.2, a time-proven multimedia library,
- multi-platform design - the game can be easily ported to any operating system supporting a limited set of dependencies required by YATKA,
- customizable rules - you can change parameters affecting the tetromino generator, lock delay or easy spin, even during the game.
- MiyooCFW - Bittboy, PocketGo, Powkiddy V90, Powkiddy Q90, etc.
- RetroFW - LDK, LDK Landscape, RS-97, RG-300, etc.
- OpenDingux - GCW0, RG350, RG350P, RG350M, etc.
If you would like to see the game on other platforms, leave a proper comment down below. Keep in mind that donating the project helps me to spend more time on its development.
More information available at https://github.com/szymor/yatka.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.